The first of many ...

Thought I might share this photo with you.

It is s
ome of my broad bean seedlings that have been hardening off. These are the first seeds to germinate in my new garden plot, so this is of some significance. This fiirst of very many seeds and new plants to grow, and produce a tasty and useful harvest!

Note the holes in the leaves and jagged edges from an attack by a couple of rogue slugs (that have since been displaced to a new location); and yes, this is also of significance as it reminds me that the war, I mean partnership between man and nature continues. My favourite way to 'control' the slug and snail population is by popping out at night (damper nights are particularly good) and picking them off the plants.

What you do with them after this is your business !! 
Posted by Picasa

Comments