Success with cuttings

Do you remember last month when we looked at taking cuttings? Well guess what success looks like. In the world of garden propagation, success is a small white root protruding from the base of a flower pot, from cuttings taken a month ago.

Yes, I am happy to report that some of my cuttings have 'taken' and have produced some roots, that are now visible.

All of my cuttings? No, nor would I expect that either. My loss rates were a little higher than expected, but this could be due to a slight difference in my method of keeping them - rather than cover them with plastic, I regularly sprayed with water morning and evening.

Of the plants varieties that were not successful, I will try again, maybe trying something different, or maybe not. Plenty of time to decide.

Happy propagating!

Comments