Last of the Summer Sweet Pea Blooms



These are the last of the blooms on the white sweet pea plants. Nice aren't they. And scented too. We'll have to survive the Winter, until late Spring to get that lovely garden fresh smell again (and no, don't tell me candles are as good!)
I wish I could take credit for these, but mine stopped flowering about three weeks ago. This picture was taken in my parents house today as the sweet pea harvest was put in the vase.


Interestingly, their plants are the Spring sown seed, where as mine were the Autumn sown ones, and the site where they have them growing is a lovely sheltered spot, as opposed to my windswept location. 

You know, that's the thing about plants and working with the great outdoors, a unique experience for each of us!

Happy gardening.

Comments