Tomatoes, pumpkin plants & tortoise egg

No, the title is not the ingredients for a meal, they were the contents of my glasshouse earlier today.


Let me explain.

I did a bit of work in the glasshouse recently to tidy it, and the tomatoes. Since the tomatoes were planted they have been growing well, and I'd been giving the usual care and attention with things going along just nicely. Then, due to a heavy workload, I was away from it for a little over a week and on returning it looked like the day of the thrifids with everything everywhere! 


In actual fact, the plants fell over as the supports I had weren't strong enough, and the side shoots had grown far more than I'd expected. Throw in a few weeds or two, et viola, a mess. But it was easily tidied once I set my mind to it and the I'm very pleased with the results. 

On the right hand side are the mini-pumpkin plants I'd intended to plant elsewhere three weeks ago, but this will do. Of course once they get going it will be chaos again, but that's all part if the fun!


The little tray on the path, by the way, has a tortoise egg in it. It (the tortoise egg) is now in the electric propagator and we'll know over the next few weeks if it's viable.

In the meantime, it's eating al fresco tonight, including tomatoes on the menu.

Happy gardening.


Comments