Reflections, Christmas 2014



Christmas 2014


At this time of year in the garden, much of the foliage "clothing" is stripped away and the bones of the garden are laid bare. Essentially what we see is the layout of the garden, pathways, walls, fences, paving, the hard landscaping with its sharp unsoftened edges, with only evergreens remaining, some adding value, others not so. Over the coming month or so, it is an ideal time to take stock and plan for changes for the early Spring, seeking inspiration from where ever you might find it. 


Spring 2014
I've always maintained my garden, and gardens I've worked on, are a series of 'living pictures', that are created to provide the viewer with interest, beauty, and a place to go. Sometimes there are the added benefits e.g. produce, an additional outside room, a hideaway/ getaway, etc. 

Summer 2014

In understanding this, as I contemplate the year that has been, I evaluate successes and things that haven't worked out. 

This in turn will allow me to plan for the coming year, what I'd like to achieve, are there new themes I'd like to introduce, and others to leave behind. 


Included in this is my use of the blog over the past year, how this has fitted in and are changes to make (or not) here too. A lot to reflect on, and this is my time of year to do it. 


Although things are very quiet in the garden, life is busy. 

Christmas, family and work. 

Yes, plenty to do. 


Late Summer/ Autumn 2014

In some ways, my garden reflections are a mirror for other parts of my life. I'm looking back over the past year and seeing what has been successful, what has not worked out, and this will in turn assist with decisions for next year. 

As I look back to this time last year, from a family point of view, we've moved from a very challenging period, and in the second half of 2014 experienced some time to pause. 


It has to be said, there are some great people out there, and I'm very grateful for the support received. 

Late Autumn 2014

With Christmas only a week away, there'll be plenty of shopping, cooking and cleaning yet to do. 

With this in mind, I do hope the upcoming Christmas and Yuletide period will provide at least sometime of peace, what ever that may mean for you. 

Merry Christmas everybody



Nollaig shona daoibh go lair

Comments